SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14, 7:00 PM NEWMAN RECITAL HALL. The event will be held on USC Campus; the Newman Recital Hall is located within Hancock Auditorium, 3616 Trousdale Parkway, Los Angeles, CA 90089. The program is free and open to the public. Seating is first-come, first-served, and RSVPs are not available.
More information about the program: https://polishmusic.usc.edu/events/2018-sounds-of-independence
PARKING: Enter USC at the McCarthy Way Gate from Figueroa south of Jefferson, park in Structure 2. Cost $12. Walk straight into the campus on the road you drove into the parking to the main walkway, turn left, walk to the main square with the fountain. Newman Recital Hall is inside the Hancock Building to the left behind the fountain and the sculpture of Traveler – USC Mascot. The sculpture of Tommy Trojan is on the other corner of the square.
The next event of the Helena Modjeska Art and Culture Club is a concert "100 Years of Poland in Music" by Katarzyna Sadej (mezzosoprano) and Basia Bochenek (piano) with special guest appearance by film composer & pianist Miro Kępiński. The event will be held at Beverly Hills, CA, on Saturday, October 20, 2018, 6 p.m.
⌘ ⌘ ⌘
|The Paderewski Festival of Raleigh, NC, Nov. 3-17, 2018 |
The Fifth Annual Paderewski Festival of Raleigh will take place in November 3-17, 2018. The Fifth Festival features six performances by five Polish and American pianists. The Festival honors Ignacy Jan Paderewski, who played a prominent role on the international stage during World War I and contributed significantly to the reestablishment of Poland as a sovereign state. Paderewski played three times in Raleigh (January 23, 1917; November 23, 1923; April 28, 1939) and once in Durham (January 8, 1931). November 11, 1918, was not only the date of the Armistice ending World War I, but also the date of the official reestablishment of the Republic of Poland. Paderewski had for years worked tirelessly for this reconstitution. The year 2018 marks the 100th anniversary of that event. The New York program is a re-creation of the November 24, 1891, program, Paderewski's first piano-only recital in New York.
⦁ November 6: Embassy of Poland, Washington, DC, 7:30pm - Kamil Pacholec;
- October 31: Cultural Exchange students from Poland and Ukraine in concert, Paso Robles High School
- November 1, 7pm: A Conversation with Corey: Paso musician on his musical journey, Cass Winery
- November 2, 11am: Master Class with Katie Liu, Park Ballroom, Paso Robles
- November 2, 7 pm. Three Paderewskis— a musical by Jenni Brandon, text by Oliver Mayer, Park Ballroom
- November 3, 4 pm: Paderewski Festival Youth Piano Competition Winners' Recital, Paso Robles Inn
- November 3, 7pm. Paderewski Festival Gala Recital with pianist Kate Liu, Paso Robles Inn Ballroom, California students, Halter Ranch Vineyard, 10:30-2 p.m.